Rob Wiley, P.C. is a Dallas law firm representing workers in lawsuits against employers. Typical cases include employment discrimination, retaliation, unpaid or mispaid wages, and failure to provide benefits like medical leave or reasonable accommodation. We have been representing employees since 2000 and have helped thousands of Dallas workers.
Are Non-Compete Agreements Enforceable in Texas?
Non-competition agreements, sometimes called restrictive covenants or covenants not to compete (“non-competes”), will be enforced by Texas courts only if they meet certain requirements. However, in practice the current Texas Supreme Court seems to favor the enforcement of non-competes.
Limitations and Requirements
In Texas, a non-compete must
(1) be ancillary to some other enforceable agreement (meaning it has to be connected to some other contract);
(2) protect a “legitimate business interest”;
(3) have “reasonable” limits on the scope of the employee’s activities that will be restrained;
(3) have “reasonable” geographic limits; and
(5) have “reasonable” time limits.
The deadline to file an employment claim can be incredibly short. If you are experiencing problems in your workplace or have been fired, contact our office immediately.
2613 Thomas Ave
Dallas, TX 75204
Phone: (214) 528-6500
Fax: (214) 528-6511
Simply put, we know Florida non-compete law backwards and forwards. If you are considering a non-compete attorney, please give us a call at (800) 698-6650.