Las Vegas Defense Group is a 6-lawyer team that defends citizens against misdemeanor, felony, DUI and juvenile charges throughout the state of Nevada. Our firm was voted the 2020 “Best Criminal Defense Firm – Gold Winner” by the Las Vegas Review Journal’s “Best of Vegas“.
Members of the military who commit crimes while off-base in Nevada can be prosecuted in one of the following ways:
- By court-martial under the Uniform Code of Military Justice (UCMJ),
- In Nevada District Court under the Nevada Revised Statutes, or
- In United States District Court under Title 18 of the United States Code.
To help you better understand how and when each of these laws is applied, our Reno and Las Vegas, Nevada criminal defense lawyers discuss the following, below:
- 1. The Uniform Code of Military Justice (“UCMJ”)
- 2. Concurrent military and civilian jurisdiction for off-base crimes
- 3. Crimes on non-military federal lands within Nevada
- 4. Defending members of the military in civilian court
Las Vegas Defense Group, LLC 2970 W Sahara Ave Las Vegas, Nevada 89102 Phone: 702-DEFENSE (702-333-3673) / Fax: (702) 974-0524